Planning & Zoning
- 5:00 p.m.
- Grandview City Hall
- 1100 McDuff Avenue
- Crystal Holmes, Chairperson
- Shelly Wallen
- Bryan Anderson
- Justin Jones
- Les Carney
- Michael Medders
- Lindsey Miranda
ResponsibilitiesThe commission has a variety of responsibilities:
- Reviews all current and proposed ordinances and amendments pertaining to planning and zoning and makes recommendations to the council for action
- Makes, amends, extends and adds to a master plan for the physical development of the city
- Reviews plats and zoning requests, and makes recommendations to the council for final adoption
- Makes reports and recommendations relating to the master plan and development of the city
The planning and zoning commission shall consist of seven members who are residents of the city or its extraterritorial jurisdiction, however the majority shall be residents of the city, each to serve for a term of two years and removable for cause by the appointing authority upon written charges and after public hearing. Appointees shall fill positions which shall be designated by place numbers (e.g., place 1, place 2, etc.). Vacancies shall be filled for the unexpired term of any member whose place becomes vacant for any cause in the same manner as the original appointment was made. The mayor and city council may appoint two alternate members of the planning and zoning commission, one from the city and one from the extraterritorial jurisdiction, who shall serve in the absence of one or more of the regular members when requested to do so by the chairperson of the planning and zoning commission.
Terms. The terms of members filling places 1, 3, 5 and 7 shall expire on June 30 of each odd-numbered year and the terms of members filling places 2, 4 and 6 shall expire on June 30 of each even-numbered year. Commission members may be appointed by the city council to successive terms. Vacancies shall be filled for unexpired terms, but no members shall be appointed for a term in excess of two years. Newly appointed members shall be installed at the first regular commission meeting after their appointment.