David D. HenleyThe City of Grandview operates under the council-manager form of government. The City Council appoints the City Manager who serves as the administrator and chief executive officer of the City.
David was appointed to be the first city manager for Grandview in December 2018. He brings over 22 years of municipal experience to the position. He served as a department head for over 13 years and city administrator in Grandview for three years prior to his appointment as city manager.
David has earned a Bachelor's Degree in Administration of Criminal Justice and has attained numerous licenses and certifications.
David has been instrumental in many positive changes and improvements in Grandview and was selected as Citizen of the Year in 2016, by the Greater Grandview Chamber of Commerce.
David feels blessed and is honored to serve such a great community.
The City Manager is responsible to the City Council for the proper administration of all affairs of the City as set forth by city ordinances, resolutions, and other directives as established by the City Council, and applicable state law.
Responsibilities of the City Manager include, but are limited to, the following:
- To advise and assist the mayor and city council in the formulation and establishment of administrative policies for operation of city government departments and offices, as well as developing policy related to the general future direction of city government;
- Prepare and administer the annual budget;
- Implement the policies and procedures adopted by the City Council;
- Supervise all city employees and take action necessary to ensure that such employees do their jobs competently and that they do not violate policies and ordinances of the city;
- Ensure enforcement of laws and ordinances of the city and enforce the requirements of franchises, permits and privileges granted by the city; and
- To communicate with residents, including answering questions and providing information on matters related to the business of the city.