The minimum qualifications and requirements to be considered for a police officer or reserve police officer with Grandview Police Department include the following:
1. Must be a United States Citizen.
2. Must possess, or be able to obtain prior to employment, a valid Texas driver's license.
3. Must be at least 18 years of age, but if younger than 21 must have one of the following: a) Associates degree or 60 college semester credit hours, b) Two years of military service OR c) Received an honorable discharge from the United States Armed Forces
4. Must meet one of the following educational requirements:
a) High School graduate, or b) Have passed a general educational development (GED) test indicating a high school graduation level c) An honorable discharge from the United States Armed Forces
5. Must be currently licensed with TCOLE as a Peace Officer.
6. Must be of good moral character and have a stable school, work and driving record.
7. Must be capable of performing all essential job functions