MAY 7, 2022 GENERAL ELECTION
The City of Grandview is as a Type A general law municipality that operates under the council-manager form of government. The city council is composed of a mayor and five councilmembers, all elected at large by the qualified voters within the corporate limits of the city and holding office for a term of two years and until their successors are elected and qualified. The city council serves as the legislative body. The city council sets policy, approves the budget and sets the tax rate. The council also determines the size of the payroll and the extent and cost of municipal services.
Offices to be filled in the May 7, 2022 General Election:
- Council Member Place 1
- Council Member Place 3
- Council Member Place 5
Qualifications for Mayor and Councilmembers can be found here.
The City of Grandview received six (6) applications for place on the ballot. Two applications for each council place.
On February 10, 2022, the Grandview City Council approved Ordinance 2022-0210, calling an election to be held for the City of Grandview, Texas, to elect persons to fill the offices of Council Member Place 1, Council Member Place 3 and Council Member Place 5.
The following candidates will appear on the General Election Ballot for the City of Grandview.
Council Member Place 1 - John Clayton
Justin (Stoner) Medenwaldt
Council Member Place 3 - Tim Goltz
Council Member Place 5 - Mary Welch
Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot
House Bill 305 Internet Posting Requirements for Political Subdivisions
Notice of Election
Notice of Convening of Early Voting Ballot Board
Notice of Delivery of Early Voting Balloting Materials
Important 2022 Election Dates
- Saturday, January 1, 2022 – First day to apply for a ballot by mail
- Wednesday, January 19, 2022 – First day to file for a place on the General Election ballot
- Friday, February 18, 2022 – Last day to file for a place on the General Election ballot and last day to order General Election or election on a measure
- Tuesday, February 22, 2022 – Last day to file a declaration of write-in candidacy
- Thursday, April 7, 2022 – Last day to register to vote
- Monday, April 25, 2022 – First day of early voting by personal appearance
- Tuesday, April 26, 2022 – Last day to apply for ballot by mail (Received, not postmarked)
- Tuesday, May 3, 2022 – Last day of early voting by personal appearance
- Saturday, May 7, 2022 – Election day and last day to receive ballot by mail
- May 24, 2022 – Runoff election date (If necessary)